Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ahhh, finally a little fun for the first part of our Summer Vacation.

Well, we finally were able to take some time off for the summer. Three days to be exact (Mon-Wed) but we decided to start our day trips early on Sunday.

We got up and headed out towards Port Dover. We wanted to purchase some fresh fish and maybe sneak in a yummy perch meal. It was overcast and windy, but that didn't stop us.
We went for a small walk on the beach and one on the pier and headed off to a local restaurant for some lunch. We split a Perch Meal with fries. Yum yum!

We also went to a few shops and found these two cuties which are made of metal.

We then hit a few antiques stores in Port Dover and were told by a local to travel 20 minutes out of town to another antique place and picked up these!!
Bob also picked up an old black well pump.

Since Monday was only calling for 30% chance of rain we headed off to Canada's Wonderland.

We arrived just before it was to open and got in line. They let people in just before 10am and we rushed to the BEHEMOTH ride but were held up as they had not opened up that part of the park yet. FINALLY they let us in and a hoard of guests RAN to the ride, were got into the line-up and figured it should only be a 15 minute wait. When we finally went through the line-up and were third to get on the ride, they shut down due to technical difficulties. YIKES - we ended up having to wait an hour before they let people back on. We picked the front car, front seat, WHAT A THRILL. Love that ride.

Next we hit the Mindbuster only to have the car stop 1/2 way up the hill, apparently someone in one of the back cars had a video camera out. That's a no no.

Third ride was the Jet Scream, we were third in line again to find out the ride stopped working. Apparently it wouldn't let anyone off. You are held in by Hydralics and it wouldn't release. At one point the guy running the ride hit a button and the ride activated, people started SCREAMING in fear. The guy stopped the ride and within 14 minutes it let people off. The people in front of us chickened out so we were next to get on. LOL, it worked find for us.

We went on the Vortex next, it was freaky watching where the ride ends and all the metal bars started to sway. eek! We decided to take the LAST car and OMG that's even better then the first.

We then decided to break for lunch as the feet were tired and the tummies were hungry. We had some oriental chicken dishes. mmmm Mmmm! We then decided to catch a show, Endless Summer which was performers on a small piece of ice. I got to smack Scooby Doo's hand as he ran up the aisle. lol We then watched a trampoline show and headed off for more rides. We first did the Dragon Fire, then the Wild Beast roller coaster, Thunder run was next, and Bob was hungry for one of the huge hot dogs (bummer I didn't have a camera) and I had my yummy oriental chicken meal again and that's when we decided to head back towards Behemoth again. We decided this time we would take the last car. On this ride they take a photo of you, somehow Bob's head was cut off. I really wanted a photo on this ride so we jumped back in line and went for it again. We both made faces and this is the result.

Tuesday was MOVIE DAY! We headed out to see Harry Potter at noon and then went for a yummy lunch at London Arms. We walked around the Pen and came home for a nap. Gotta love naps!

That leads us to today. We slept in and headed off to Niagara On the Lake - stopped in at the winery named STONECHURCH and picked up a bottle of their new wine Quintet and headed off to a bunch of Antique Stores. We got caught up in the huge rain storm, but that was okay. :o) We don't melt!