Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wind Storm - March 3, 2012

We had another wind storm, it wasn't as bad as last years, but it was still bad.   It started around 12am in the morning and rocked on for most of the day.  We had wind gusts up to 100 km an hour.   Our power flicked off and on through the night.  It was hard to sleep worrying about things blowing off the house or into it.   We were very lucky.  Woke up around 7am and put on a pot off coffee.  I tried to access the internet but it was down.   Had our first cup around 7:30am and then shortly after our power went out.  It was off for like 2-3 hours and the wind rocked on.   I looked outside and saw that our gazebo had somehow been pushed over and bent the top of the frame.   


Spoke to my mom and found out a section of her fence had blown down.

After the power came back on and taking a nap around 2:30pm, the internet finally came back online and I was able to surf for a bit.     We made dinner, watched the news and then I started to bake a cake  some cupcakes for my hubby's birthday dinner.   I had time to do a little painting.

I love to look around Pinterest and saw a neat quote about All You Need is Love and a Cat.   I decided to kick it up a notch.   Changed the V in Love to a Heart and made the word Cat Plural (after all, we have more than one Fur-Baby.)  and added a tale to the word cats.      Here is the result:



And for those of you that are following the G-Scale Train Blog - if you have a second, click the photo below and go check out our blog entry on a Brewery my husband is building from scratch.  

0 comments: